ANTA’s FALL FESTIVAL & CARDIAC CLINIC
****ANTA RATE AT RED ROOF EXTENDED TO 9-27!!! ****
WHEN: October 12 & 13, 2013
WHERE: Norfolk County Agricultural High School, 400 Main Street, Walpole, MA 02081
MATCH JUDGE: Heidi Evans
FRIDAY – OCT. 11
Join a group gathering for dinner at the Horse and Carriage Restaurant, 210 Dedham Street, Norfolk, Mass. at 6:30 p.m. (Restaurant Phone is: 508-384-2274) Individual ordering and payment.
Please make reservations with Lori Pelletier by Oct. 5 to let her know you will be joining us. Call Lori at: 508:361-0422
SATURDAY – OCT. 12
8:30 – Breakfast at match site courtesy of ANTA
9:30 – Registration (advance registration strongly encouraged!)
10:30 – Match Judging Begins
Noon – Lunch
1:00 – Match Judging Continues
2:30 – ANTA Annual Meeting – held at match site
3:00 – Joan Read Memorial Lecture – “The Versatile Dog”
7:00 – Dinner at Guido’s Restaurant – 218 Dedham Street, Norfolk, Mass. 02056, Restaurant Phone is: 508-384-5122 (By advance registration only.)
SUNDAY – OCT. 13 (Please note, times are approximate depending on number of dogs participating; all will be given a chance to participate.)
8:30 – Breakfast available at match site courtesy of ANTA
9:30 – Registration for sporting events
10:00 – Heart Clinic Begins (please register in advance); Free for dogs 6+ years old
10:00 – 12:00 – Introduction to Quarry – practice
10:30 – 12:00 – Introduction to Barn Hunt – demos and practice runs
11:00 – 12:00 – Introduction to Flat Racing – for Norfolks not familiar or comfortable with this activity
11:30 – 12:00 – Agility demo and practice
Noon – Lunch
1:00 – 2:00 – Flat racing for all dogs
1:00 – 2:00 – Lure coursing
SATURDAY MATCH CLASSES: Dogs may be entered in one class only, with the exception of Junior Handling and Family Class. A dog competing in these two classes may be entered in another class as well:
01A & 01B Puppy Dog & Puppy Bitch – 2-4 months
02A & 02B Puppy Dog & Puppy Bitch – 4-6 months
03A & 03B Puppy Dog & Puppy Bitch – 6-9 months
04A & 04B Puppy Dog & Puppy Bitch – 9-12 months
05A & 05B Puppy Dog & Puppy Bitch – 12-18 months
06 Adult Dog – No Major points
07 Adult Bitch – No Major points
08 Companion Dog – No points/may be neutered
09 Companion Bitch – No points/may be spayed
10 Veteran Dog – Eight years and over
11 Veteran Bitch – Eight years and over
12 Bifffin of Beaufin Dog Stakes – Champions and Major point winners
13 Merry of Beaufin Bitch Stakes – Champions and Major point winners
14 Junior Handling – Handlers through age 17
15 Family Class – For stud dogs and brood bitches; 2 or more get
Advanced Entries: $15.00 per dog includes all Saturday and Sunday events
$10.00 for each additional dog with same owner as first dog – includes all Saturday and Sunday events.
$10.00 for any dog entered ONLY Saturday or ONLY Sunday
The cost PER dog for those registering on-site on Saturday OR Sunday will be $12.00.
DIRECTIONS TO FALL FESTIVAL:
From the North or Boston
1. Route 95 South
2. Exit Route 109 to Westwood
3. Stay on Route 109 for approximately 3.8 miles
4. Left onto North Street. (At Bubbling Brook Ice Cream Stand)
5. Continue to the “T” in the road (Small pond on right)
6. Right onto Main Street (Route 1A)
7. Right at first driveway (It’s a little more than 100 yards down the road on Route1A)
From the West
1. Mass Pike to Route 495 South
2. Exit at Route 1A in Wrentham (Wrentham Outlet exit)
3. Follow Route 1A into and through Wrentham Center
4. Continue on Route 1A through Walpole Center (There are three sets of lights in the center of town)
5. From the lights at Walpole Center at the intersection of Routes 1 and 27 continue up the hill (still on Route 1A).
6. Pass through a yellow flashing light and a set of full lights at the Stop and Shop Plaza.
7. After the Stop and Shop Plaza, as you go up the hill, you will see a flashing yellow light on the left. We are the third driveway on the left after the yellow flashing light, immediately after the white board fence.
From the South (Rhode Island)
1. Route 95 North
2. Take Exit 9, and follow the signs for Route 1 to Walpole
3. Take a left on Route 27 at the intersection at the first set of lights
4. Follow Route 27 (quite windy and twisty, three sets of lights, a stop sign and another set of lights before you come to Route 1A)
5. Right onto Route 1A (Main Street) in the center of Walpole
6. From Walpole Center (the intersection of Routes 1 and 27), pass through a yellow flashing light and a set of full lights at the Stop and Shop Plaza.
7. After the Stop and Shop Plaza, as you go up the hill, you will see a flashing yellow light on the left. We are the third driveway on the left after the yellow flashing light, right after the white board fence.
From the East
1. From Route 128, exit onto Route 95 South
2. Exit at Coney Street (Exit 10)
3. Right at the end of the Ramp
4. Left at Route 1 Intersection (first set of lights)
5. Right at Route 27 Intersection (first set of lights
6. Follow Route 27 (quite windy and twisty, three sets of lights, a stop sign and another set of lights before you come to Route 1A)
7. Right onto Route 1A (Main St.) in the center of Walpole
8. From Walpole Center (the intersection of Routes 1 and 27), pass through a yellow flashing light and a full set of lights at the Stop and Shop Plaza.
9. After the Stop and Shop Plaza, as you go up the hill, you will see a flashing yellow light on the left. We are the third driveway on the left after the yellow flashing light, right after the white board fence
ANTA group rates will be available at the Red Roof Inn until September 27, 2013 under American Norfolk Terrier. Use code: B274ANTA13
Red Roof Inn Boston – Mansfield/Foxboro
80 Forbes Blvd.
Room Rate $63.74
Traveling on I-95:
Follow I-95 to Commercial St/SR 140, exit #7-a and turn right at the second traffic light into the Cabot Business Park. The Red Roof Inn will be on the left side of the road.
Traveling on I-495:
Follow I-495 to Sr 140, exit #12. Follow SR 140 north and turn left at the fifth traffic light. The Red Roof Inn will be on the left side of the road.
Providence RI T.F. Green Airport is 40 minutes from the show site. Boston Logan is 35 minutes from the show site.
When entering a dog in the match you must provide all information requested. This information is needed for the catalogue listings. If only attending Sunday events, please provide dog’s name.
Entries must be received by October 5, 2013. (Entry form must be printed and mailed,; it cannot be filled in and sent electronically.)
Phone: _____________________ Email: _________________________
DOG 1: Registered Name _____________________________________________________________________________
Sex: ____________________ Date of Birth: _____________________
Saturday Match Class__________________________ Class #_____
DOG 2: Registered Name
Sex: ____________________ Date of Birth: _____________________ Breeder:_______________________________________________________________________
Match Class:_____________________________________Class # ___
DOG 3 Registered Name _____________________________________________________________________________
Sex: ____________________ Date of Birth: _____________________
Match Class:_______________________________Class #______
SATURDAY LUNCH RESERVATION @ $10:00 PER PERSON # ____ $______
(Lunch includes sandwich, salads, dessert, beverage)
SUNDAY LUNCH RESERVATION AT @ $10.00 PER PERSON #____ $_____
SATURDAY DINNER RESERVATION @ $40.00 PER PERSON #______ $_____
AMOUNT ENCLOSED FOR MATCH ENTRIES $______
Please make a single check payable to ANTA for food and activities. Mail check and registration form to Sheila Foran, 206 Cedar Ridge Terrace, Glastonbury, CT 06033 by Saturday, October 5.
Please make a separate check, also payable to ANTA, if enrolling a dog in the heart clinic. We need a firm count so please include the Heart Clinic Reservation Form (to follow) whether or not you will be paying for your dog’s ultrasound (dogs six and over are exempt from the fee.) Send to: Sheila Foran, 206 Cedar Ridge Terrace, Glastonbury, CT 06033 by October 5.C
Dr. John McGregor will be doing cardiac ultrasounds. Information gathered will be used in the Norfolk Terrier Heart Study being conducted by the Canine Health Foundation. Doppler EKG’s and a DNA blood draw are included in this exam. Please bring your older dog(s) and support this study.
HEART CLINIC RESERVATION FORM:
Phone: ____________________ Email:_______________________________
Names of Dogs 6 years of age and older: no fee for these dogs.
Names of Dogs up to 6 years of age:
(Add More Names as needed)
Dogs will be scheduled as reservations are received; accommodations will be made to allow for match judging in case of time conflicts.)